Sunday, June 23, 2013

Washday is Child's Play PAPER DOLL

 I went to Half-Price Books last week and they had Life Magazines for one dollar each.  I bought several issues.  At home I was looking through the issue with Jackie Gleason on the cover and there she was, I could not believe my eyes, a paper doll and her clothes, cut out but carefully placed back in the magazine.  I could see that the little doll was from an ad in the magazine.  I remembered that Half-Price had two copies of Life with Jackie Gleason on the cover so back to the store I went and luckily it was still there.  Below is the uncut  version of the paper doll.
October 05, 1962.  LIFE Magazine.  "Washday is child's play when you have an automatic dryer".  An ad from United States Steel.  There is a second page with 2 dresses and an apron.

No comments:

Post a Comment