Thursday, June 26, 2014

A Big TEXAS Hug to PHIL COLLINS!

 March 10, 1967.  A movie coloring contest for John Wayne's "THE ALAMO".
1975 - 1978.  A big TEXAS hug to Mr. Phil Collins.  Thank you so much for your gift to the ALAMO Museum.  The first rock concert I ever went to was January 1975 and the concert was THE LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY.  I was 13 years old and I had never seen anyone as strange as Peter Gabriel.  Phil Collins, with a wild mane of hair, was hidden behind the drum kit during most of the concert.  After Peter Gabriel left the band, Phil Collins took center stage.  The photo above was taken by my brother and it shows Phil Collins at the mike and Tony Banks at the keyboards.  I also saw the band several times in the 1980's.  Mr. Collins made this TEXAN very happy in the past with great times at concerts and very happy today when he gave his collection to the ALAMO museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment